Unlike neighboring Kuta and Seminyak, Canggu has a more laid back and easy going atmosphere which is perfect for travelers seeking relation and a little bit of luxury. Even though it’s still amongst the hustle and bustle of the busiest area in Bali, it’s a haven for foodies and surfers. While it’s significantly more modern in terms of dining choices and bar options than other parts of Bali, it still has an incredible vibe. Whether you’re in Bali for a weekend or planning a longer stay, a trip to Canggu is a must. Below is an itinerary that offers the best of both worlds, a little bit of adventure and plenty of indulgence,
Jam packed Saturday:
- Breakfast at Crate Café. Loved by hipsters and locals alike, this café offers everything from bacon and eggs to super smoothies. Start off your morning with a belly filling breakfast to keep you going for the rest of the day. Opt for a breakfast board and one of their delicious juices, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy!
- Surf lessons BatuBolong. This unassuming board rental shack also offers lessons for newbies, their prices are reasonable and lessons usually go for around two hours. Pack plenty of sunscreen and a change of clothes so you can keep going with your day!
- Lunch at Old Man’s. During the day this restaurant and bar is full of young travelers and families, the menu is fairly westernized with lots of sandwiches and salads. Head here for to grab something after your surfing lesson, perhaps even a cheeky margarita! At night Old Man’s is a hub of activity and live music so whether you pop in for lunch or a late night drink, you won’t be disappointed.
- Spend the afternoon on the back of a horse. What better way to see Bali’s beaches and villages than on horseback! The Bali Equestrian Centre is based in Canggu and offers visitors different types of packages from one hour to full day tours. If you’re not too sore after your surfing lesson, this is where you need to be!
- Party at Circo Echo Beach. Once you’re feeling a bit more refreshed watch the sunset with a Bintang or cocktail in hand over at Circo on Echo Beach. Walk straight from the bar and restaurant onto the sand and watch the famous Bali sunset.
- Breakfast at Deus Ex Machina. Although it is primarily known for it’s love for everything with a motor attached to it, Deus Ex Machina is actually a much loved restaurant and café in Bali and across the globe. Their menu has a vast array of options with plenty of vegetarian items and is famous for their burgers.
- Gold Dust. Indulge in one of the hottest beauty trends right now, the beauticians over at Gold Dust Beauty Lounge offer 24k gold facials which are meant to be the newest way to slow down the ageing process. Wrinkles aside, this day spa offers everything from anti cellulite massages to hyaluronic collagen facials so there really is something for everyone.
- Cooking classes. A great way to immerse yourself in the Balinese culture is to learn how to cook like a local. While it’s just outside of Canggu Nia Cooking Classes are one of the most recommended in all of Bali. Master the art of grilled chicken in banana leaves and black rice pudding, you’re bound to leave with a full belly and big smile!
- Pick up some fresh produce. The weekly Samadi Sunday organic produce market should definitely be on your to-do list in Canggu. Whether you’re just there to people watch or think of yourself a market expert, you’ll love these local markets and it’s the perfect way to end a weekend in Canggu.
See below for some good value holiday villas in Canggu: